OUR CHANGE OF MIND POLICY
At Scotch & Soda we can offer you a store credit, refund or exchange for change of mind on most full price and reduced merchandise in accordance with the policy outlined below (for exceptions, see Exceptions to Our Change of Mind Policy).
Subject to the Consumer Guarantees outlined below, merchandise returned for change of mind within the above timeframes can be returned for an exchange or full refund subject to the following conditions:
- Proof of purchase is accompanied with the returned merchandise.
- The merchandise is unworn, unwashed, unused and in its original condition with all tags intact.
- Any discounts received at the time of purchase will be carried over.
Please note: all freight costs for online orders are at your own cost and are non-refundable for change of mind returns.
Our Customer Service Team are unable to review any worn or used items via email or phone. All items must be physically returned either via mail for online orders or in person in-store for store returns or exchanges to be processed, in accordance with the process detailed below.
RETURNING/EXCHANGING YOUR ITEM
CHANGE OF MIND TIMEFRAMES:
The following change of mind timeframes apply:
- In-store: 14 days from date of purchase
- Online: 14 days from date of delivery
- Returns can be posted to the below return address with the appropriate returns form complete.
Download the return form here
Scotch & Soda Australia
PO Box 3547
Newmarket Qld 4051
- Please note that items purchased in-store can only be returned in-store.
- Returns may take up to 14 business days to be processed. Once your refund has been processed you will receive an email to notify you. If you need your online return processed urgently, we recommend contacting our Customer Service Team here.
- Please check the packing slip included with your order to determine whether it was dispatched by anyone other than Scotch & Soda (such as David Jones and THE ICONIC) as we do not accept returns from third parties.
- Returns and exchanges can only be processed in-store and a store credit will be issued.
- The Scotch & Soda online store cannot process returns or exchanges for items that have been purchased and/or exchanged in-store.
- If exchanging items in-store, please call ahead to confirm the item is available in the store you are visiting. Visit our store locator page for phone numbers.
- Simply show your store receipt and the credit card used for your purchase at any Scotch & Soda store within 14 days of purchase and our store staff will be happy to assist you.
- Items purchased online or in-store cannot be returned or exchanged at any independent Scotch & Soda stockists (including David Jones and THE ICONIC).
- The above policies apply, and items can only be returned to where they were purchased. All refunds will be processed in accordance with Afterpay’s return policy here.
- Product purchased in any Scotch & Soda outlet store must be returned or exchanged at the appropriate store. We do not accept returns or exchanges of outlet purchases at non-outlet stores (Outlets include Essendon, VIC, and Harbour Town, QLD).
- Simply show your store receipt and the credit card used for your purchase at the Scotch & Soda Outlet store within 14 days of purchase and our store staff will be happy to assist you.
EXCEPTIONS TO OUR CHANGE OF MIND POLICY
Our change of mind policy does not apply to the following merchandise:
- Barfly fragrance, women’s swimwear, underwear and earrings
Due to hygiene reasons, Barfly fragrance, women’s swimwear, underwear and earrings are unable to be returned for change of mind.
- Products marked as “Final Sale” (Warehouse and Clearance Sales)
From time to time, we will have warehouse or clearance sales and once an item has been marked for final sale, we are not able to offer exchange or return for change of mind.
Our Change of Mind Policy does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, and you have consumer guarantees that cannot be limited by us. If your product is not of acceptable quality, is not fit for its purpose or is different from its description or sample, then you may be eligible for a refund, exchange or any drop in value of the product (if you choose to keep it).
If you have purchased a product with a major fault, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. If you purchased a product with a minor fault, we can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. Further information is available at www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund.
Merchandise returned under consumer guarantees can be returned within a reasonable timeframe subject to proof of purchase.
Our customer service team is unable to review any worn or used items via email or phone. All items must be physically returned either via mail for online orders or in person in-store for store purchases to be processed, in accordance with the process outlined above.
FAULTY, DAMAGED OR INCORRECTLY DESCRIBED ITEMS
When returning or exchanging a faulty, damaged or incorrectly described item, Scotch & Soda will arrange return postage on your behalf. This is subject to review by Scotch & Soda prior to sending goods back. Should you need further assistance regarding this process, please contact our Customer Service Team here.
ONLINE CANCELLATIONS & ORDER AMENDMENTS
We are unable to cancel or make any amendments to any online orders after your order is placed. Please ensure all details provided are full and correct at the time of order placement. Amendments may include but are not limited to:
- Change of delivery address
- Changes to colours and sizes
- Adding or removing items
- Applying discounts
- Full order cancellations
Scotch & Soda Australia reserves the right to amend or change the Change of Mind Policy without notice. If you have any questions regarding our policy please feel free to contact our Customer Service team or visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.